Positive Discipline Parenting Course
Freddie & Prue are offering a new parenting course in March, designed to help parents & carers create a respectful and loving relationship with their children. This is a skills based course, presented in an interactive group environment, where participants learn valuable tools to instil discipline at home, without reverting to punishments or rewards.
- Dates: Sunday 9th, 16th and 23rd March 2014, 10am-1pm
- Venue: Montessori East school, 8 Wellington Street, Bondi
- Cost: $190 for single and partner can attend for extra $60
Full details can be found on the attached brochure and website.
Spaces are limited, to register, CLICK HERE
Slow down. Being in a hurry creates tension that children can sense. Stressful situations make fertile ground for tears and tantrums.
- Have your children help you get ready the night before.
- If your child misses you, give them something of yours they can put in their pocket to help them remember you.
- Avoid over drawn out, over-comforting good-byes. Be confident that your child will be fine. Create a fun routine instead.
- Before you arrive to pick up your child, put yourself “in the mood” – clear your mind of work, chores, dinner so that you can be totally available to your child. Take three deep relaxing breaths as you walk in the door.
- Make sure your face lights up when you see your child. Take a moment to give your child undivided attention before you leave.
“I’ll walk you in, you put up your backpack, I’ll give you a hug and kiss, then a high five, and I leave.”
“I know you are going to have a lot of fun here even if you miss me a bit.”
“It’s so great to see you!”
From Kath Kvols, www.redirecting childrensbehavior.com